ADB’s operations in Viet Nam require high standards of accountability, transparency, openness, and public participation. Members of the public affected by any ADB-assisted project may address their concerns if the project is causing or likely to cause harm.
The information on this page will guide you through the ADB complaints arrangements, as well as the requirements for complaints handling.
Who can file?
- Person or persons from a community directly affected by an ADB project
- A local representative (civil society organization) of the affected people. If a complaint is made through a representative, the following are required:
- name, designation, address, and contact information of the representative organization. Organization must be legally recognized;
- names of the project-affected persons on whose behalf the complaint is made; and
- signed evidence of authority to represent them.
Where to file?
Project-affected persons are encouraged to first address the issue with available grievance mechanisms at the project level. Please contact the project owner, or the ADB project officer for more information at https://www.adb.org/projects/country/vie.
2. Resident Mission
If the complaint is not resolved at the project-level, submit a signed complaint by mail, fax, or e-mail to ADB-Viet Nam Resident Mission (VRM).
ADB-Viet Nam Resident Mission (VRM)
3rd Floor, Cornerstone Building, 16 Phan Chu Trinh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel +844 39331374
Fax +844 39331373 E-mail
Making a complaint in person is only by appointment. Please call:
Dang HUU CU (Mr)
Tel +844 39331374 ext. 145
Process for complaints handling
- Receiving and acknowledging the complaint
- Forwarding the complaint to the project grievance redress mechanism, project owner and/or project team
- Monitoring the complaint resolution to ensure compliance with the project grievance redress mechanism